How To Make Coconut Rice
By following the simple steps below, you’ll be at the level of preparing coconut rice not just for yourself but for special occasions too.
Coconut rice may look like jollof rice, but it is made with coconut milk and taste absolutely delicious. It can be eaten as is or served with fried plantain, moi-moi,salad or lots of meat. Here is the recipe for this amazing meal.
500g (2 cups) parboiled rice
200ml Tomato Stew
300 ml Coconut Milk
100ml Chicken or beef stock
Chilli pepper and salt (to taste)
1 medium onion
2 stock cubes
1 tablespoon thyme
Ground crayfish (optional)
How to make
1. Parboil your rice. Wash in cold water, strain and set aside.
2. In a large pot that can comfortably cook the rice, pour in your tomato stew, coconut milk and chicken or beef stock. Leave to boil for 5 minutes.
3. Add the drained parboiled rice, crayfish, stock cubes, pepper and salt to to taste. Make sure the liquid in the pot is the same level as the rice. If it is not, top it up.
4. Cover the pot and leave to cook on medium heat until the liquid in the pot dries up and the rice is properly done.
5. Serve with grilled or fried meat.
**BY CHIDIRIM NDECHE: TheGuardian**